In order to strengthen the science between the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry (RUG), the Institute for Molecules and Materials (RU) and the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (TU/e), a call for faculty members of the FMS Research Center was opened. We are happy to announce that all submitted proposals were granted, which are all listed below.
- A Hybrid Metabolic System
Prof. Gerard Roelfes (RUG) and dr. Anja Palmans (TU/e)
- Supramolecular Highways for Marching Nanocars
Prof. Bert Meijer (TU/e) and prof. Ben Feringa (RUG)
- Towards ‘Living Materials’ – Pattern Formation and Motility in Preprogrammed Hydrogels
Dr. Tom de Greef (TU/e) and prof. Wilhelm Huck (RU)
- Control of Alignment in Supramolecular Biomaterials; towards Complex Hierarchy in Synthetic Extracellular Matrices
Dr. Paul Kouwer (RU), prof. Rint Sijbesma (TU/e) and prof. Patricia Dankers (TU/e)
- Compartmentalized Catalytic Systems for Autonomous Movement
Prof. Daniela Wilson (RU), Prof. Syuzanna Harutyunyan (RUG) and Dr. Ilja Voets (TU/e)
Congratulations to all of the scientists and best of luck with these interesting and challenging projects.